Strategically crafting a strong application is the number one prerequisite to get an award or grant
This class is for any artist who is ready to stop being intimidated by the grant application process.
Great Applications, taught by our Director, Monika Proffitt, demystifies the review panel process and shows you exactly what grantmakers, curators and jurors want to see. Our goal is to make it easy for you to be their clear choice when they are selecting the artists who will be awarded money and opportunities.
For over 15 years, Monika Proffitt has served as a panelist for numerous granting organizations, all of which led her to found Starry Night in order to work with the artists – not just with the money side of things.
What does the class cover?
Since 2006, Monika has literally reviewed thousands of applications, and given out over $250,000 in grant money to individual artists, small artist teams and organizations. She had been on the other side of it as well. While learning what was said and done in those review rooms, she honed her own application skills too, and to date as received over $40,000 in grants, awards, and in kind donations for her own work.
She knows what panelists are looking for – and what they are annoyed by – and she teaches exactly what you have to do to rise to the top of the applications pile. She has been on review panels countless times, and knows exactly how to get jurors to notice you as the strongest candidate. This is critical information for any artist who is looking to get the funding, exhibitions and residencies that will help them flourish in their art career.
In the Great Applications course you’ll learn:
- How to clearly demonstrate your professionalism and present yourself with complete, humble confidence
- How to stand out in a sea of applications – no matter how large the pool is or how limited the granting budget is
- How to write a simple, sophisticated, and elegant artist statement that will get you noticed for all the right reasons
- How to organize your artist CV or resume so that it can elevate your experience and trajectory as an artist – even if it is not very long (yet)
- How to avoid the visual mistakes a lot of artists make to ensure your work sample images are accurate and dazzling
- Show you the easy steps to take to make your image description list have all the right information on it, so your work is evaluated accurately
- How to archive and repurpose all of your info so that you can quickly and easily apply to as many opportunities as you want, saving endless boring admin hours and getting you back in the studio
Included in the course:
- Five in depth videos that go over everything you need to know about submitting a strong digital or printed application for any artist opportunity you can find
- Over twelve printable downloads that cover images, artist statements, elevator pitches (you’ll learn what that is), proper CV/ resume formatting,
Bonus Course Video:
- Understand where to look for opportunities that you qualify for
- Find out the staggering number of opportunities that you are a prime candidate for
- Develop a strategy, months in advance, that puts to use your securely archived materials and leverages their repeated use
- Quickly implement a simple and effective process for applying to the opportunities that excite you, and save yourself hours and hours of administrative headaches
- Get your time back, so you can get back into the studio, where you belong
- Immediately download your copy of the Best Year Ever Workbook, and start mapping out your future